Most (pretty much all of them) jobs as a Personal Trainer on board cruiseships are offered by Steiner. Steiner will allow everyone with proper background and the right qualifications into their training (read; you do not have a job yet), but the training is pretty intense. Read more about training in my blog.
Below here is written down how you apply for training:
- Make sure you meet the qualifications and the specific Personal Trainer qualifications.
- Than you go for an interview date. You can pick those online.
- Interviews in the UK are held every two weeks in the London office for Beauty, Massage, Nail Techicians, Acupuncture and Reception. Fitness interviews are held once a month. Please note that recruitment is ongoing. There are no “closing dates” for positions, and we can be flexible with training dates.
The following regions have interview dates
- You can apply directly online on OneSpaWorld.
- Steiner will than invite you, and give you a standard presentation and a personal interview. You will need to bring all required documents with you.
- Look at the posts Prepare for the job interview with Steiner and You applied for Steiner, how do you prepare?
- Just make sure to read as much as you can, ask as many questions as you can and take a look at Steiner’s F.A.Q.
- When you are hired, You will also receive a starter pack. A quite large document describing everything you need to do. Don’t be overwhelmed, just follow the checklist in the back and do everything, point for point.
Things to be aware off:
- You will have to pay for certain things during the proces of getting your job. You will not get paid during your 3 week training, also it will cost you about €1000 ($1300 dollar), to work on a cruise ship, this money will cover things like your training fees, medical exams, etc.
- Be aware of the fact that sales is a big part of your job, if this is not mentioned properly in the presentation ask about it. Feel free to ask any questions below in the comment section as well.